[arch-dev-public] Eclipse: planning a switch to binaries

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Tue Jul 1 03:36:55 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 23:11 -0500, Simo Leone wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 10:11:39PM -0400, Paul Mattal wrote:
> > Eric Belanger wrote:
> >> Are there binaries available for x86_64? If not, that could be a problem.
> >
> > Both are provided.
> >

> I thought eclipse was written in Java. Anyway, +1 on just using their
> binaries.
>
> -S

At least for swt there's bindings to native system libraries. In case of
mozilla/xulrunner I don't think they will link correctly with xulrunner
1.9.
If this really is the case, we could always rebuild just swt from source
and use the binary eclipse. We'll build a standalone swt package from
source anyways.