[arch-dev-public] Syncing single repo with abs

Travis Willard travis at archlinux.org
Mon Jul 7 08:04:02 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 9:01 PM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Travis Willard wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Travis Willard <travis at archlinux.org>
>> wrote:

>>> Doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong.  :/  In any case, I
>>> don't think stripping that feature out is the proper way to go - it
>>> shoud be fixed if it's broken, not removed.
>>>

>> Wait wait - are you talking about JUST the command-line functionality?
>>  ie. keeping the REPOS=(...) abs.conf syntax, but just removing the
>>
>> abs core
>>
>> syntax?
>>
>> I suppose that works - I thought you were planning on stripping the
>> repo-selection feature entirely.
>>

> I was talking about JUST the command-line functionality.  That is the bit
> the is broken and apparently no-one uses.  Selection from abs.conf will
> definitely stay.

OK, in that case I'm not so opposed. ;)  If it looks like an easy fix,
go for it, otherwise I don't think it'd hurt to lose.

In the future, I was thinking some kind of configuration or syntax to
allow people to sync a predefined list of packages, instead of whole
repos.  For example, if someone wanted to rebuild only wine, they
should be able to say "abs extra/wine" or have PKGS=(extra/wine) in
abs.conf and not be required to sync everything.

Dunno if that sounds like a good idea to you or not, but people have
requested on the forums some method to sync single packages (usually
as an argument to allow anon svn access)