[arch-dev-public] [signoff] iwlwifi-4965-ucode 228.57.2.21-1

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Mon Jul 7 11:09:41 EDT 2008

james toy schrieb:
> Thomas,
>       I can test these if you like -- I run very custom kernels based on
> zen sources mm and my own patchset -- though i can switch to 2.6.25-ARCH
> if this would make it easier for you and also if its necessary to make
> sure defaults are set properly -- i had to patch the original iwl4965 in
> the ARCH default because it was a POS compared to current morton patch.
> I would love to start giving pack to the community here since i've just
> switched my machines save the production server from freebsd to archie
> -- let me know how i can help.  Hope you are well
>
> Respectfully,
>
> -jt

It doesn't matter which kernel it is used on, the important thing is
that I know that the package works, meaning the firmware (ABI version 1
will suffice, there is no driver with version 2 anyway) is undamaged and
works. So simply install the new firmware, (re)load the driver and see
if it still connects to an AP.