[arch-dev-public] Installer and i18n

Hugo Doria hugodoria at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 11:24:22 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I do not know what your guys think about i18n, but i'm trying to make
the installer translatable and i am almost done.

Although it seens to be working quite well, the installer still needs
more tests. It is the first time that i put my hands in gettext and
something can be wrong. A patch, the pot file and the setup can be
found here:

http://hdoria.archlinux-br.org/uploads/

As i said, i never used gettext before and i'm having some problems. I
could not apply the gettext on messages that used dialog and variable
(as in function _mkfs). For more I try, the pot file or the dialog
were never correct.

Can someone test the installer and give some tips of how fix these problems?

Thanks.

-- Hugo Doria