[arch-dev-public] [arch-dev] Installer and i18n

Simo Leone simo at archlinux.org
Tue Jul 8 13:37:53 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 01:23:37PM -0300, Hugo Doria wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did not saw this patch before, but it seems to solve all the
> problems and add support for i18n very well. I think that now is just
> a matter of wait for the patch be officially added and open a call for
> translators.

Well... there's a couple factors at play here. My working branch at
code.neotuli.net has a whole ton of changes in it, and will be getting
even more as I clean up the codebase, so any patches aren't going to
apply cleanly for very long.

That said, i18n is definitely something we want to add immediately after
we finish shuffling code around. Also, I was wondering whether we should
use gettext, or whether we should use bash's builtin i18n mechanism
(which is poorly documented, but easy to use). Do you know any drawbacks
to using it?

-S