[arch-dev-public] [signoff] filesystem-2008.07-1

Paul Mattal paul at mattal.com
Thu Jul 10 09:00:13 EDT 2008

Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 10. Juli 2008 13:31:58 schrieb Paul Mattal:
>> One question: Doesn't this need to be synchronized with some changes to
>> the apache package, changing the default document directory and warning
>> those who need to make the switch?
>
> That's allready done. ;-) I don't think users are forced to switch; the config
> files are kept and using "/home/httpd" and "nobody" should still work.

I guess that's what I'm talking about. As long as the default doc
dir for apache is /home/httpd/html, then either:

1) Apache doesn't work out of the box.

2) Apache tries to own files on my non-root-squashed nfs /home
partition.

I think we need to change the default location to /srv/httpd/html in
the default apache config-- and people with existing custom configs
wouldn't have theirs overwritten.

- P