[arch-dev-public] repo cleanup

Mon Jul 14 16:50:22 EDT 2008

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Pierre Schmitz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as you might have noticed I have moved all db/heimdal/qt related packages from
> testing yesterday.
>
> By this I have noticed some quite old packages (from 2007). So please have a
> look at you packages in testing; especially at:
>
> ivtv-utils
> kismet
> mplayer-svn

mplayer-svn is an orphaned package from the unstable repo. If no one wants
to adopt it, it should be removed completely from the repos.

> nasm

IIRC, Aaron put it in testing because he didn't know how to test it. We
can try building a packages that uses it. If the build is successful, we
move it to extra.

> mkbootcd

The archboot package in extra depends on it. I gues it should be moved to
extra.

> mksyslinux
> mkpxelinux
>
> In addition to this there are some very old (2002+) packages in extra which
> are only available on i686. Maybe those could be moved to unsupported. (have
> a look at the bottom of the extra diff-list at
> http://www.archlinux.de/?page=ArchitectureDifferences)
>
> Pierre
>
> PS: Any news about the unstable removal?

The unstable removal is advancing  slowly but surely. Some packages have
been removed, some packages have been moved to extra. We are still in the
process of figuring out what to remove and what to keep. Post in the
unstable repo thread if you have any input to give on this.

Eric

believed to be clean.