[arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.26-1 and related module packages

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 17:10:06 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 3:56 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> - madwifi is broken. Do we still need it? AFAIK, all chipsets should now be
> supported by ath5k by now. Can a madwifi user please look at this (Aaron,
> Dan?)

ath5k is not quite there yet- I know it is missing support for the Eee
chipset among others.

If we use an SVN snapshot instead of the horribly outdated release,
everything should work. I didn't need any patching to get it to
compile against my Eee kernel.
http://code.toofishes.net/gitweb.cgi?p=eee.git;a=blob;f=madwifi-eee-svn/PKGBUILD;h=005da1396f21223d4161e49b5cf85fcddcfeb159;hb=68a4828eeb1576dad27ef0d2497bff5ffdc0cf3d

With that said, I have never really used or tested the madwifi we ship
with Arch because the default HAL isn't compatible with the Eee
chipset. That is why the above PKGBUILD uses the hal-0.10.5.6 snapshot
branch.

-Dan