[arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.26-1 and related module packages

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Tue Jul 22 03:35:34 EDT 2008

Thomas Bächler schrieb:
> Module packages:
> - I patched catalyst with a weird patch to make it work, please anyone
> test and report!

Any reports here? Also from users, please.

> - intel-536ep and intel-537 don't compile. I didn't look closely yet,
> and frankly, I doubt they have much users. Do we really want to maintain
> them?
> - lirc is broken, maybe an update to 0.8.3 will fix it. Can the
> maintainer take care of this? I don't know when I'll get to it.
> - madwifi is broken. Do we still need it? AFAIK, all chipsets should now
> be supported by ath5k by now. Can a madwifi user please look at this
> (Aaron, Dan?)
> - martian is broken again. A user sent me patches last time, I have to
> look for his email address, maybe he fixes it again (user whose name I
> forgot, if you are reading this, please contact me).
> - I didn't try openswan-klips, any updates here? (tomk?)
> - wlan-ng26 is broken and I'd like to drop it, as I doubt anybody uses it.
> - I updated nvidia-71xx and nvidia-96xx to new upstream release for
> 2.6.26 compatibility.
>
> i686 is untested, so I need at least two signoffs. x86_64 works fine.

Okay, I think I have enough signoffs. Any opinions on dropping
wlan-ng26? According to Dan, we still need madwifi, is there an Atheros
user here who will fix it (apparently, a recent enough snapshot will
compile).
IMO, once madwifi and lirc are fixed and I got at least one positive
report for catalyst for every architecture, we can move. intel-53{6,7ep}
and martian are unmaintained closed-source crap anyway, I won't be held
back by those.