[arch-dev-public] 2008.08 ISO Release

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Tue Jul 22 03:48:14 EDT 2008

Simo Leone schrieb:
> With the new kernel in testing, it's time to start gearing up for a
> release that will likely include the .1 or .2 kernel from this series.
> Were there any big issues besides base package selection that anyone
> noticed, or anything you wanted included in this release?
>
> Thanks
>
> -S

Just a reminder:
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10753

Shouldn't be too hard to do: Put a kernel, initramfs and squashfs for
each architecture on it, adjust the paths in the initramfs accordingly.
Put package directories for both architectures on it, and put one i686
and one x86_64 entry in the bootloader.

Adding sizes of i686 and x86_64 core CDs, I get about 600MB, so this
should work. It's probably not too popular for download, but we want to
give these away on FrOSCon. I already have Thayer making a variation of
our CD label a small "FrOSCon 2008" logo on it, so it would be cool if
the ISO would be there as well.