[arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.26-1 and related module packages

Tue Jul 22 23:19:15 EDT 2008

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008, Eric Belanger wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jul 2008, Thomas Bächler wrote:
>> - Someone should test squashfs, unionfs and aufs and report if they work
>> (Simo?)
>
> my chroot works fine so unionfs should be OK. Only tested on x86_64
>
>> - lirc is broken, maybe an update to 0.8.3 will fix it. Can the maintainer
>> take care of this? I don't know when I'll get to it.
>
> It's currently orphaned. I could give it a try if no one else wants to adopt
> or try to fix it. But I don't use it and  might not have time this week
> though.

lirc has been updated to 0.8.3 and built against 2.6.26-1 in testing.
I've also fix/implemented 2 bug reports at the same time:
- fixed daemon script to facilitate the use of IR devices that don't
   create device (close FS#9767)
- enabled IR transmitters support (close FS#9709)

I don't have any IR device so I could only minimally test it. Feedback
about success or problems  would be nice.
believed to be clean.