[arch-dev-public] Need help with KDE 3 rebuild

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Thu Jul 24 08:11:11 EDT 2008

Hi devs,

during the KDE 4 transition some apps which aren't available for the new
version yet need a recompile against kdelibs3.

I would be pleased if you would have a look at you K-packages and check if:
	* there is a new version for KDE 4
	* it can be completly removed (allready included in KDE 4 or non-functional
	   without old KDE)
	* it has to be recompiled against kdelibs3 dependency

If you recompile against kdelibs3:
check if /etc/profile.d/qt3.sh and/or /etc/profile.d/kde3.sh are sourced. If it
complains about missing arts, try --without-arts configure flag.

I have made a list of apps that depend on kdelibs=3 or kdebase=3; some of them
might be outdated or unmaintained; so this is a good chance to clean up the
repo. This list might be incomplete due to some hidden dependencies.

If you did a rebuild and put the package into testing, please drop a line so I
can put it on my "to be moved" list.

libkipi
twinkle
schafkopf