[arch-dev-public] Public SVN access

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 15:04:26 EDT 2008

Hey guys,
I want to setup public svn access, so some of the crazy users that
want to check things out over SVN can do so.

First off, if anyone has experience with this, please let me know if
svnserve is the best way to go here.

Secondly, I was wondering if there's anyway to check/block the stupid
people that are going to check out the entire freaking repo and waste
gerolde resources. I know people will do this, people are going to be
stupid and bog down gerolde's bandwidth, but people keep emailing me
crying "I want svn access!", and I'm sick of it. So I want to enable
svn access with the caveat that you "don't check out the full repo,
you jackass - use ABS for that"