[arch-dev-public] [DRAFT] On the road to KDE 4.1

Fri Jul 25 16:48:38 EDT 2008

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008, Pierre Schmitz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here is a draft of the annaouncement about KDE 4. I hope by this more people
> give [testing] a try and report bugs. ;-)
>
> BTW: Yes, I still think it's possible to push those things to [extra] this
> weekend. (I hope we wont find any showstoppers; but feedback is positive so
> far)
>
> Patches are welcome:
>
> -----------------------------------

>  files manually and see what happens. (whould work for kmail, konqueror and
>  other; but for some this will break things) Maybe KDE will release a tool
>  for doing this.

typo: would instead of whould

Maybe put the period after the parenthesis instead of after 'happens'

>  with new KDE or "legacy libs". If you cannot wait installing kdelibs3 should
>  make them work. But this will be fixed in the repos before things are oushed
>  to [extra] of course.

put comma after 'If you cannot wait'

oushed ? Is that a word? do you mean 'pushed'?

> * Don't force the upgrade ( -f); repot a bug instead

report instead of repot

believed to be clean.