[arch-dev-public] [DRAFT] On the road to KDE 4.1

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 17:06:09 EDT 2008

Only minor typos:

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 3:46 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> * At the time of writing not all KDE-based packages have been rebuild for use
rebuild -> rebuilt

>  with new KDE or "legacy libs". If you cannot wait installing kdelibs3 should
comma between "wait" and "installing"

> * If you start KDM by inittab make sure to change its path from /opt/kde to
by -> with (or "via")

> * Don't force the upgrade ( -f); repot a bug instead
repot -> report

> * If you use a nvidia card, please read
Someone may debate here: "an nvidia card"

Other than that, hooray. I actually plan on wiping my win32 laptop and
installing Arch on it to use the full KDE suite. Why would I do that?
Because it's a spare laptop and lets me help test these things. I
don't need the Windows install anymore because I bought a set-top box
for Netflix 8)