[arch-dev-public] introducing ca-certificates

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Mon Jun 2 03:03:38 EDT 2008

Am Montag 02 Juni 2008 08:53:21 schrieb Jan de Groot:
> Nice. I'll update java-gcj-compat to use these soon. At this moment the
> java-gcj-compat certificate db is created from a large certificate file
> we have in SVN. Does the ca-certificates update thing contain any
> support for hooks so the java-gcj-compat certdb can be rebuilt on
> update?

Funny, that you ask for hooks. I removed that from the script because it uses
run-parts which is only available on Debian based systems. But if we need it,
I could add a package for run-parts.

In addition to this we could think about to adjust other packages to use this
certificates, too. ATM some packages come with their own bundle.

From the man page it would do the following:

\fBupdate-ca-certificates\fP invokes
\fBrun-parts\fP on /etc/ca-certificates/update.d and calls each hook with
a list of certificates: those added are prefixed with a +, those removed are
prefixed with a -.

--
archlinux.de