[arch-dev-public] Welcome Aboard!

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 07:43:13 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 4:08 AM, Firmicus <Firmicus at gmx.net> wrote:
> Aaron Griffin wrote:
>>
>> Hey guys,
>> We discussed this a few and things went a little by the wayside due to
>> me not having internet at home. So I'd like to take this opportunity
>> to welcome Francois and Allan aboard as new fancy developers.
>>

> Hello everyone and thanks to Aaron for these warm welcoming words!
>
> As you surely know, my main job will be to take care of the TeXLive packages
> (a big task in itself!). I may well help with some Perl packages too.
>
> I intend to put new TeXLive packages in testing soon after the official
> release of TL 2008 (to occur in the "rather near future"). Among other
> changes, they will go to /usr instead of /opt/texlive (as is currently the
> case with my community pkgs).
>
>> I think I covered everything. If anyone else has something to add, go
>> ahead.
>>
>> Cheers, and welcome guys!
>>

> Glad to be on board :)

Speaking of things developers do, has anyone written up a brief thing
on signoffs? Like what signing off actually entails, how many are
needed for core packages, whether you can do it for extra, etc. If
anyone still has those old arch-dev emails tagged and can do this,
that would probably be really helpful for any new guys like these two.

-Dan