[arch-dev-public] [signoff] man-pages 3.00-1

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Tue Jun 17 09:37:19 EDT 2008

Am Tue, 17 Jun 2008 06:41:25 -0500
schrieb "Dan McGee" <dpmcgee at gmail.com>:

> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 12:57 AM, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de>
> wrote:
> > in testing for both arches. only minor changes as always. please
> > signoff.
>
> Signoff i686.
>
> -Dan

too late. man-pages 3.00 is out. posix man-pages have been split out of
the source. we keep them together in one pkg. the 3.00-1 pkg is in
testing for both arches. please signoff.

http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/changelog.html#release_3.00

-Andy

the mail from lkml:

Gidday

I've released man-pages-3.00.

This release is now available for download at:

    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/man-pages
    or ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/man-pages

The change of version number reflects a number of current and planned
changes in man-pages.  The most notable recent change is that my work
on man-pages is now supported by a fellowship from the Linux Foundation
(http://linux-man-pages.blogspot.com/2008/06/man-page-is-now-supported.html ).

A full list of the changes in this release can be seen at
http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/changelog.html
(blogged at
http://linux-man-pages.blogspot.com/2008/06/man-pages-300-is-released.html )

The most significant change in this release is that the POSIX man-pages
(Sections 0p, 1p, 3p) are now split out into a separate package, which
can be downloaded here:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/man-pages/man-pages-posix/

The split made sense because the POSIX pages are logically separate
from the Linux man pages.  (The POSIX pages are simply copies of text
from the POSIX.1-2003 specification, which we have been granted
permission to publish for Linux.  The only kinds of updates these pages
see are occasional formatting fixes, and of course updates when new
revisions of the standard appear, such as the next revision due to
appear later this year.)

Cheers,

Michael

--