[arch-dev-public] Dropping lots of packages

Simo Leone simo at archlinux.org
Thu Jun 19 19:14:27 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 05:33:13PM -0500, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> That's not the point. The point is that work was promised and not
> done. If you're not going to do something then just say "no" so I can
> find someone else. It's a matter of communication and trust here. If
> you don't want to complete any of these projects, that's fine - just
> let me know.
>
> With you dropping package maintenance duties and AUR duties, I am
> honestly wondering what you're working on. It's not a jab at you, I
> seriously don't know what you'll be doing.

By dropping them, I'm doing what you asked me to, saying "no" to things
I'm not interested in. I'm just as aware as you are that that doesn't
leave much. I apologize for leaving it for so long, I should have
dropped those packages months ago.

> Developing "solo in the dark" is something we're all doing - I did it
> with the DB scripts, Eliott did it with the archweb code, Dan probably
> does it alot with pacman too... it just happens. The simple fact
> remains that if you're not going to do something, and told someone you
> would do it, then there's a conflict there. In the future, please let
> me (or all of us) know that you're not going to do it.

Eh. My bad for not being clear what I meant. All I meant by the develop
in the dark thing was that I don't have code sitting around locally that
isn't pushed. What you see online is what I have here.

I'm not sure what you're looking for here, Aaron. I've lost interest in
some things and dropped them accordingly, albeit later than I should
have. Things that I have intended to get done all along weren't dropped,
because well, I thought they'd get done, and I'm sorry they didn't. You
can't expect someone who in good faith thinks they'll do something to
notify you that they aren't getting it done, because they are under the
impression themselves that they are in fact going to do it.

-S