[arch-dev-public] skype in [community]

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sat Jun 21 12:02:54 EDT 2008

Hi there,

I just noticed that we have skype in [community]. After a quick review of
their license I would assume we are not allowed to redistribute it:
http://www.skype.com/legal/promote/distribute/

    "You will not distribute Skype Software through other media than CD-ROM or
     DVD, unless approved by Skype in an explicit written communication to
     You."

If I am not really wrong here I would assume we should remove that crap asap.

As a sidenote: please read the license before adding any package to a repo.
It's not enough to copy the license file into the right directory. :-)

Pierre

--
http://www.archlinux.de