[arch-dev-public] Upcoming gpm soname bump

Tue Jun 24 14:22:23 EDT 2008

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Eric Belanger wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Jan de Groot wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 17:55 -0400, Eric Belanger wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> My gpm package is out-of-date and the new version has a soname bump. I'll
>>> do the rebuilds, at least for x86_64. If someone has time and would be
>>> willing to do the i686 packages, let me know. That'll save me some work.
>>> Otherwise, I'll build them after the x86_64 ones.
>>> The following packages have gpm as a depends (except
>>> gstreamer0.10-good-plugins) and will be rebuilt:
>>>
>>> aalib
>>> brltty - Current package is out-of-date and new version has soname bump.
>>>           Only orca depends on it so I could update it and rebuild orca.
>>>          Jan: what do you think? Or would it be better to just rebuild
>>> brltty?
>> Updating it would be nice, it's on my list of outdated packages for a
>> long while already. I don't know if a rebuild is required: brlapi.so is
>> dlopened from the python module included in orca. I don't know why they
>> bumped .soname, but if updating brltty breaks the braille module in
>> orca, it will still be broken after a rebuild anyways.
>
> OK, I'll look into it after I'm done with the i686 rebuilds.

I've updated the brltty in testing. Orca is still running fine as far as I
can tell.

>>> elinks
>>> fte
>>> gstreamer0.10-good-plugins
>>> jed
>>> lde
>>> links
>>> mc - I need a mc directory in the 'other' directory on the ftp server to
>>>       put a patch (FS#9913). Eliott is aware of that but if another admin
>>> has
>>>       time...
>> Didn't we all have permission to create directories in /other/? I never
>> use sudo to do so.
>
> You are right. I was able to create the directory.

So far no complaints (no positive feedback either)  for any of this stuff.
I'll keep it in testing for another week before starting the signoff just
to be safe.

believed to be clean.