[arch-dev-public] Resurrecting old todolists

Travis Willard travis at archlinux.org
Mon Jun 30 15:13:44 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Travis Willard <travis at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 2:43 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hey guys,
>>> If you all remember, after the last archweb release, we had to offload
>>> the todolists (package IDs no longer matched, and it was all complex
>>> to convert, so we deferred it).
>>>
>>> Well, I'm going to re-add the ones that we still need (i.e. DB rebuilds)
>>>
>>> I dumped all the old lists here: http://dev.archlinux.org/~aaron/todolists.txt
>>> Please take a look at the top section, and let me know which lists can
>>> be deleted and which are still useful if you can.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Aaron
>>
>> The Broken Licenses TODO should probably be regenerated if we're going
>> to re-add it - in fact, since it was generated by a script anyways, we
>> could probably incorporate it into the weekly sanity-check that goes
>> out.  I'll have a look at the script I wrote and adapt it to the new
>> directory structure.
>
> The reporead.py script that dumps the pacman DBs to the web interface
> sends me emails every night that contain this info. Let me forward one
> to the list. I could probably set it up to email once a week too.

Took a look at the output - it looks good, but I only see "No license"
messages - nothing that checks for the validity of entries within the
licenses array, which was what my script checked.  For example, it
ensured that the items in the array were either licenses contained in
/usr/share/licenses/common or "custom" - and that the ones using a
"custom" license referenced /usr/share/licenses somewhere in their
build() function.