[arch-dev-public] [signoff] hdparm 0.8.6

Tobias Powalowski t.powa at gmx.de
Thu Mar 6 03:10:06 EST 2008

version bump please signoff both arches
	- add partition safeguards to r/w sector and make_bad_sector
	- fix u8->u16 bug in security commands for all of 8.x series, Christian
	- try and quiet errors from flush_buffer_cache()
	- oops: v8.3 broke --write-sector.  Fix it again.
	- fixed -i display for udma6
	- try and exit with errno on fail paths, from Ladislav Michnovic
	- clear feat register for safety with SET_MAX_ADDRESS command
	- add note to manpage regarding possible -N transient failures
	- IDE_TASKFILE bug fixes and cleanups: works with old IDE driver now
	- fix misreporting of dma modes on some SATA-ATAPI bridged drives
	- fixed -U parameter bug
	- added ATA8 minor revision info to -I, courtesy of chrfranke
	- added WorldWideNumber to -I, courtesy of Raksac
	- added --make-bad-sector to deliberately create a media error
	- added --write-sector (aka. --repair-sector) to repair a media error
	- added --read-sector to test for a media error
	- Makefile dependency tweaks
	- added -N (get/set max address/HPA) flag, courtesy of Jakub Bogusz
	- fixed LBAsects output from -i to use LBA48 values when available
	- fixed alternate opcode for SLEEPNOW
	- lots of changes/fixes to sgio.c to support more commands
	- add detection of buggy Sandisk 16MB CF card
	- fixed tf_to_lba() bug, courtesy of Jakub Bogusz

Tobias Powalowski
tpowa at archlinux.org