[arch-dev-public] [arch-commits] CVS update of extra/multimedia/audacious-plugins (3 files)

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 13:40:47 EST 2008

On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 12:20 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Samstag, 8. März 2008 18:52:53 schrieb Travis Willard:
>  >  Moved to optdepends usage
>
>  Just a side-note: you may use optdpends, but this has no effect on package
>  install. So you should not remove the install-mesaages atm.

I disagree- we just need to educate users to check them, or someone
can come up with a patch that on first-time install automatically
prints out the optdepends.

Install messages that only print things covered elsewhere (in this
case, optdepends) are a duplication of information that should be
unnecessary.

-Dan