[arch-dev-public] [signoff] udev 118-4

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 17:41:18 EST 2008

On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 4:24 PM, Daniel Isenmann <daniel.isenmann at gmx.de> wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 15:37:24 -0600 "Aaron Griffin" <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > c) The *only* thing that is appropriate is to autoblacklist them via
>  > modprobe rules.. Doing it the previous way is absolute crap.
>
>  I have done this and it works. I manually add the nvidiafb to
>  modprobe.conf, but that's not a solution, just a workaround for me. It
>  should be placed in a modprobe.d/ file instead, if we will do it.

Right, the reason I bring this up is that apparently some people are
against using a modprobe.d file for this.

Funny question though, if we make a
/etc/modprobe.d/framebuffer_blacklist file, or something, what package
does it belong to? I almost think it should be part of the kernel, but
that seems weird.