[arch-dev-public] gcc 4.3 and archlinux

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Sun Mar 9 17:54:58 EDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-09 at 22:52 +0200, Roman Kyrylych wrote:
> Huh? We need to patch a lot of C++ source code that relies on C
> includes?

Functions like malloc, strlen, strcpy, etc need C includes. The offended
packages don't include these files, which is known to fail on GCC 4.3.
Older compilers include the required headers via other included headers
somehow, so these programs don't look broken on older compilers. The
example I showed is the common way to fix these packages when we run
into them.