[arch-dev-public] [signoff] udev-118-5

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 13:15:48 EDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 2:59 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Tobias Powalowski schrieb:
>  > - added framebuffer_blacklist file
>
>  I thought we wanted to do that with udev rule files by blacklisting
>  modaliases. Did I miss something?

If by "we" you mean that you mentioned it to me over jabber, then
sure. But no one ever brought it up anywhere else. As far as I know
you mentioned it to me, I mentioned it to tpowa, and it basically got
lost in the shuffle. That's why I always ask people to "please bring
this up on the ML" when you send me things over jabber.

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 3:53 AM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 11. März 2008 07:16:51 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
>
> > The blacklist does not work as expected. intelfb and nvidiafb is still
>  >
>  > > loaded by udev (tested on two different machines)
>  >
>  > you need the new module-init-tools package with
>  > include /etc/modprobe.d/
>  > in modprobe.conf
>
>  This does work. However: there is no new modules-init-tools package :-)

Yeah, I got busy last night. The good news is, though, I convinced the
m-i-t maintainer to add this functionality by default. So woohoo, when
3.3 is released we can get rid of this line (it'll be added tonight).