[arch-dev-public] ISO 2008.03 release status update

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 16:04:40 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 2:10 PM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de> wrote:
>  mkinitcpio?
>  do we need a new version to get init= syntax back?
>  if yes we could fix this bug also:
>  http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9433
>  --> Aaron said doesn't seem to be an issue
>  problem because of missing /dev/mem?
>  http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9813
>  Thomas is this a showstopper?

As I said, the init= syntax is *NOT* a bug in mkinitcpio. It is an
upstream klibc issue. It will require changes to the klibc code. It is
not super critical right now, but I will complete the patch in the
near future. Please do not worry about this issue, I will deal with
it.

FS#9433 is a silly issue, and not a big deal
FS#9813 I don't understand. Everything seems to work fine, so I'm not
sure why this is needed. Obviously not a showstopper though.