[arch-dev-public] Dangerous dbus update for testing

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Wed Mar 12 17:30:19 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 16:12 -0500, Dan McGee wrote:
> Is there any better way to handle this? When this gets moved to extra,
> people -Syu first, read front page news later.
>
> I ask because I can't really think of a better way. Dang this is
> stupid.

The crashing xorg-server is in testing and will never make it to extra:
we're against the input hotplugging as it breaks too many things,
including a dbus restart. This warning is for testing users who also
have xorg-server from testing installed.

This topic comes up once in a while:
http://www.archlinux.org/news/288/

Last year it was gnome-session and XFCE Terminal, this year it's Xorg,
with the difference that Xorg is in testing, while the offended
gnome-session package was on most extra users' system.