[arch-dev-public] ISO 2008.03-2 release status update

K. Piche kpiche at rogers.com
Thu Mar 13 21:48:24 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 18:50 +0100, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> Hey guys keep cool,
> following packages i would like to see in core:
>
> pending signoffs and move to base:
> pmciautils?
> just a small udev.rules fix waiting for signoff.
>
> initscripts?
> bump to 2008.03 with the last changes from git
> aaron and roman will add the final changes and then release a new version.
>
> pending signoffs and move to support:
> wpasupplicant?
> waiting for signoff
>
> fuse?
> Thomas is there an issue atm?
> waiting for signoff
>
> kbd?
> Roman wanted to add some changes and additions to it,
> this is not critical we could live with the old version too.
> Roman until the other things are fixed/done you have time to get kbd working.
>
> madwifi/madwifi-utils?
> switched back to trunk version, waiting for new responses, signoff
>
> delayed package moves due to rebuilds and issues:
> gcc
> build-toolchain
> libtool
> perl

I consider the latest perl 5.10.0-3 pretty much complete.  Except for
zim and mod_perl there are no other complaints with the other official
packages.  I don't know the status of the community packages.

Some official modules still need to be rebuilt so that they use the
proper bin directories but that is a minor issue.

--
K. Piche <kpiche at rogers.com>