[arch-dev-public] ISO 2008.03-2 release status update

Fri Mar 14 14:46:37 EDT 2008

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008, Roman Kyrylych wrote:

> 2008/3/14, K. Piche <kpiche at rogers.com>:
>>
>>  On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 18:50 +0100, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
>> > Hey guys keep cool,
>> > following packages i would like to see in core:
>> >
>> > pending signoffs and move to base:
>> > pmciautils?
>> > just a small udev.rules fix waiting for signoff.
>> >
>> > initscripts?
>> > bump to 2008.03 with the last changes from git
>> > aaron and roman will add the final changes and then release a new version.
>> >
>> > pending signoffs and move to support:
>> > wpasupplicant?
>> > waiting for signoff
>> >
>> > fuse?
>> > Thomas is there an issue atm?
>> > waiting for signoff
>> >
>> > kbd?
>> > Roman wanted to add some changes and additions to it,
>> > this is not critical we could live with the old version too.
>> > Roman until the other things are fixed/done you have time to get kbd working.
>> >
>> > madwifi/madwifi-utils?
>> > switched back to trunk version, waiting for new responses, signoff
>> >
>> > delayed package moves due to rebuilds and issues:
>> > gcc
>> > build-toolchain
>> > libtool
>> > perl
>>

>> I consider the latest perl 5.10.0-3 pretty much complete.  Except for
>>  zim and mod_perl there are no other complaints with the other official
>>  packages.  I don't know the status of the community packages.
>
> Could you please notify Firmicus about the need of rebuilds so he
> could package updated versions locally and then upload them to
> community soon after you move perl out of testing.
> This will help to avoid breakage of community perl packages

I was about to suggest the same thing. A quick search for 'perl' on the
AUR interface gave me over 200 results.  As most of them are perl modules
that will definitely needs to be rebuilt, we can expect that over 200
community package will need to be rebuilt. That is certainly a lot. IMO,
it would be a good idea to keep perl in testing until community packages
are locally ready.

believed to be clean.