[arch-dev-public] List of packages with no license information in core, extra

Wed Mar 26 14:08:25 EDT 2008

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008, Dan McGee wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 12:35 PM, Travis Willard <travis at archlinux.org> wrote:

>> >  Yeah, this vaguely reminds me of something Travis tried to do a while
>> >  back but it got lost and/or ignored. [1]
>> >
>> >  -Dan
>> >
>> >  [1] http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2007-August/001463.html
>> >  (August? Holy cow!)
>>
>>  It wasn't lost - I made a TODO list out of it and it's been there for
>>  a loooong time, slowly getting looked at.
>>
>>  I'm thinking of just blitzing the packages on that list, rebuilding,
>>  and reuploading with new licenses.  Maybe even sometime soon.
>
> I can probably help out with some of the actual PKGBUILD updates, if
> you want. Once we get all those updated, we can then bump the pkgver
> and go.
>
> -Dan

I haven't read the thread's begining but I could help out too. It might be
also worth it to make sure the man pages gets installed in /usr/share/man.
That way we'll do the FSH man pages todo at the same time as the license
todo.  There's also a bug report about an important number of PKGBUILD
with missing md5sums. We should make sure these gets added too (when
building packages for other devs, sometime the md5sums are missing).

believed to be clean.