[arch-dev-public] New DB scripts

Wed May 7 12:26:44 EDT 2008

On Wed, 7 May 2008, Aaron Griffin wrote:

> Hey all,
> I'm comfortable enough with the new db scripts to throw them out in the wild.
>
> So, I've placed them at /arch-new for you to play with. Here are some
> caveats, however:
>
> * This will not update the website DB. Use at your discresion. Once
> these are "approved", then Eliott can move the new-model web changes
> out and the front end WILL be updated on a cron job.
>
> * There will be a warning about ~/staging/${REPO}64/ existing. This is
> expected. Because we have the arch in the filename, we don't need
> extra dirs anymore. Don't worry, the scripts handle it gracefully and
> a new devtools release will do away with pushing to the '64' dirs.
> Then we can clean up our staging dirs a bit.
>
> * I didn't fully test removal, because I didn't have anything to
> remove. If someone has a package to remove, let me know so I can test
> it properly. If you try, let me know if it fails.

There's 2 packages that you could remove to test the script.

There's my proftpd package that noone seems to be interested in picking
up. A package in community depends on it, so it'll need to be moved there.
I have an updated PKGBUILD and fixed daemon script that I could send you
so you could put the fixed package in community.  Alternatively, I could
build the packages but you'll need to test the x86_64 one because of
reasons mentioned in the proftpd thread.

There's also acroread. The discussion about it seems to have
settled down.

believed to be clean.