[arch-dev-public] postgres move

Paul Mattal paul at mattal.com
Wed May 7 23:19:37 EDT 2008

Eric Belanger wrote:
> On Wed, 7 May 2008, Eric Belanger wrote:

>>> I'd love to move it. Are there any other packages not yet rebuilt?
>>> We've been asking people to do that since February. Perhaps they've
>>> done so but not updated the list?
>>>
>>> Offenders on the list are postfix, libgda, pdns-pgsql, libpqxx,
>>> amarok-base, cyrus-sasl-plugins.
>>>
>>> - P
>>
>> Tonight, if no one else does it before,  I could check the remaining
>> offenders to see if they are already in testing or if they need a
>> rebuilt at all. I'll either post the ones that still needs to be
>> rebuilt or rebuild them if time permits.
>>
>> Eric
>>

> I just noticed Paul has started to put these packages in testing. All
> these offenders: postfix, libgda, pdns-pgsql, libpqxx, amarok-base,
> cyrus-sasl-plugins don't need to be rebuilt.  The so bump is not in the
> main lib (libpq) that most apps links to but in other minor libs in the
> packages.
>
> Paul: you can directly remove any rebuilt that you did for the offenders
> in testing and move the rest of postgresql stuff to extra.

Are you sure none of them links against any bumped library? It seemed
easier to me to rebuild just to be sure. If you're pretty sure, I'll
just remove those from testing. FYI, all but libpqxx seem to be
rebuilding fine, which needs more recent snapshots to compile with gcc
4.3, so we definitely want to avoid rebuilding it.

- P