[arch-dev-public] Update: kernel26 2.6.25.1-1

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Mon May 12 08:06:40 EDT 2008

Changes are:
- updates to .1 upstream patch
- catalyst should work on x86_64 now
- iotop works now
- removed toshiba-acpi patch. The one or two people who need it should
refer to this: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16934 This is a
general example of how to build a patched driver without having to build
the whole kernel
- updated unionfs
- updated acpi dsdt initrd patch, it is still broken though, see here:
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10381
- group scheduler disabled, it seems it causes big latencies.

slmodem and martian are still broken, I didn't get to look at that yet.
I think about dropping them, as probably only a handfull of people use them.

I'd also like to hear some opinions on re-adding mactel. They have
updates now and apparently some people have problems without them (one
report of a non-bootable system, dunno if it's mactel-related).