[arch-dev-public] I'm online

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Sat May 17 06:33:09 EDT 2008

Hi all!

Here's a "quick" status report.

1) I have an internet connection at home again!

2) I will finally move to another city by the end of this month
(this process is so tiresome and time consuming).

3) My archbox at home is heavily outdated.
I will download the needed packages at my job though,
so it should be up-to-date on Tuesday.

4) It would be hard to upload updated versions of my packages from my home
due to very slow internet connection, and I will be able to do this
only during the weekends and 1-2 hours at nights maybe.
So bringing all outdated packages to new versions will take some time.
Oh, an I need to get used to SVN workflow first.

Big thanks to everyone who updated my packages or took them under his
maintainership!

5) After the move I will try to get a laptop as soon as possible
(I do not plan to take my archbox from home)
so I will be able to do everything at the new place.
There is a possibility to get a fast internet connection via 3G cell network,
so finally all connection problems should gone.
Oh, and I think my main system on it will be x86_64
(with a bunch of i686 and x86_64 virtual machines of course).

6) I have around 2000 of unread threads in my gmailbox,
already started to read them.

7) Thanks Grigorios, Aaron and everyone else involved
in keeping the amount of open bugs at the manageable level.
I will try to get back to this as soon as I can,
and I need to fix the bugs assigned to me first
(what a shame, I have many of them still not fixed).

8) I'm thinking about resigning from from the TU position
and concentrate more on core Arch development.
I can still maintain some packages in Community if I will have time,
but I haven't been active in TUland recently so I feel that
it will be better to remove the second part from the "Dev/TU" title.
We continue to see more TUs aboard, so I'm sure there are more than enought
skillend and confident people to handle packages I used to maintain.
Many of them are gnome-related packages and I'm willing to provide
any needed help for the people who will take care of them.
Formal announcement, package giveout etc. will come later,
in the mean time feel free to pick packages you want to maintain.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)