[arch-dev-public] Moving the DB scripts

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed May 21 00:53:05 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 11:36 PM, Eric Belanger
<belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> On Tue, 20 May 2008, Aaron Griffin wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>> I'm going to move the new db scripts live. In an hour or so. I still
>> need to generalize Pierre's testing2core script and commit it, then I
>> will push them live.
>>
>> Once I do that, it is going to break the website updates for a short
>> period - until Eliott can get to the web changes (we haven't been able
>> to coordinate properly, so rather than wasting time, I'm doing this
>> move now).
>>
>> So, if you guys could hold off doing repo related activities in about
>> an hour or so, that'd be great.
>>
>> One fun addition: /arch/db-remove
>> No more need for package files to remove a package. Syntax is:
>> db-remove pkgname repo arch
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Aaron
>>

> Status update:
>
> Aaron just contacted me via Jabber. Due to time constraint as it's becoming
> late, the move will happen tomorrow.

Thanks Eric. Additionally, I added 'db-move' which is a generalization
of Pierre's testing2extra script. db-move, testing2extra, and
testing2core are all in /arch-new if you want to test them.

As you can see from the commits ML, I moved openssh this way (I didn't
know that was still in testing, my fault there)