[arch-dev-public] Moving the DB scripts

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed May 21 14:22:22 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 1:07 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 11:53 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 11:36 PM, Eric Belanger
>> <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

>>> Status update:
>>>
>>> Aaron just contacted me via Jabber. Due to time constraint as it's becoming
>>> late, the move will happen tomorrow.
>>
>> Thanks Eric. Additionally, I added 'db-move' which is a generalization
>> of Pierre's testing2extra script. db-move, testing2extra, and
>> testing2core are all in /arch-new if you want to test them.
>>
>> As you can see from the commits ML, I moved openssh this way (I didn't
>> know that was still in testing, my fault there)
>>

> Ok, I'm going to make this move right now. First, I am going to regen
> all of the DB files with repo-add, then I will move the /arch-new dir
> to /arch, and we should be gold.
>
> Cheers

One thing to note: I decided to kill off the staging/*64 dirs - we
have the arch in the package name, there is no reason we need
different dirs. The current scripts take care of this by copying
${repo}64 to ${repo} before doing anything, and there is a change in
devtools to upload to only one staging dir. We just need to make a new
devtools release.