[arch-dev-public] Moving the DB scripts

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed May 21 17:03:12 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Tobias Kieslich <tobias at justdreams.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 21 May 2008, Aaron Griffin wrote:
>

>> Move complete, all DB files replaces with repo-add generated DBs (yes!)
>>
>> New scripts are in /arch/. Please let me know if there is any error or
>> anything like that - I don't think most people really tested them that
>> well 8)
>>
>> Now to configure some cleanup cron jobs
>
> I just updated some packages and it looks okay according to the status
> of things from what I know:
>
> - didn't show up on website yet
> - script reports nothing to delete, this will be taken care of by the
>  cronjobs i think

Yeah, the deleted stuff will be taken care of automatically, and I'm
going to have it spit off emails to the ML when it actually does
things.
It will also report missing packages, and packages that aren't in the DB at all.

Example output (I just ran it, so it will be fairly clean):

Scan complete for extra (i686) at /home/ftp/extra/os/i686/
    The following files are out of date
    They will be moved to /home/package-cleanup
        blender-2.45-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
        bogofilter-1.1.6-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
        dcraw-1.399-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
        mutt-1.5.17-4-i686.pkg.tar.gz