[arch-dev-public] Repo cleanup / Package adoption

Thayer Williams thayer at archlinux.org
Mon May 26 15:46:53 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Eric Belanger
<belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> There are still several devs who haven't answered yet. This is a gentle
> reminder.

I'm just looking through the list now and I see some programs that, at
least in my opinion we should drop if nobody is actively maintaining
them:  azureus, dvdbackup, handbrake, nicotine, and d4x. All of these
are pretty fringe apps except for maybe azureus, which is just plain
slow and buggy (or was the last time I used it).

I don't know much about the deps/makedeps, but if any of them are tied
to the other fringe apps we should look at removing them entirely as
well...just my two cents of course. I admit though I was a bit
surprised to see we had 4267 packages in extra--even if half of those
are x86_64 that's a still a shedload of maintenance.