[arch-dev-public] Questions about Archlinux branding/artwork for KDE

Thayer Williams thayer at archlinux.org
Wed May 28 22:45:31 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Travis Willard <travis at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 7:57 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
>> The kdm rc.d scripts could be removed, too. One should start kdm via inittab.
>
> I think the rc.d method is too widely used to just drop it like that.

I'm 100% for upstream defaults, but I don't want to be responsible for
hundreds of desktops hanging at boot! LOL  I assumed that all our
desktop managers were tweaked for the rc.d system.

Either way, this is a bit out of my league because I have zero
experience configuring KDE beyond the basics.  The ssh-agent scripts
look like they could be moved to a wiki article.  As for the rest I'm
clueless.