[arch-dev-public] dbscripts questions

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu May 29 20:41:44 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 7:33 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> Quick questions about the DB scripts, the output is below for
> reference. I haven't built a new package in quite a while and I have
> been on vacation, so hopefully I'm not repeating old material here.
>
> 1. It didn't die, but they tell me to both delete my 64 staging dirs
> and then throw errors on the stat. I guess it is a bit misleading, but
> as long as the 64 bit dirs are on the way out, not too many
> objections.

That's just temporary. I modified devtools to upload to ONLY
staging/repo, not using the 64 dir anymore. That warning will go away.
It just tests for existence before warning, then tries to move files
to the real staging dir. /me shrugs

> 2. db-extra tells me there are no package to delete, and doesn't list
> old files anymore. Yet the old package definitely still exists- are
> these cleaned up by a cronjob now so I have nothing to worry about?

Yes. Deleting a package always was part of that script. That is why we
have staging/foo/{add,del}
It cycles through all add/* and del/* doing both adds and removes as
it finds them. It is just informing you that there were no packages in
del/

Packages are (will be) cleaned up automatically. You should never have
to manually do anything to the ftp dirs again