[arch-dev-public] Questions about Archlinux branding/artwork for KDE

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Fri May 30 06:57:51 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 6:24 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 6:57 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
>> One should start kdm via inittab.
>
> I agree with Pierre, except for the rc.d script point - too many
> people use it, and all the other login managers have rc.d scripts to.

Isn't there a little problem here?
People should use inittab, yet many people use rc.d scripts.
It is probably not a big deal since I guess both methods usually work
fine, but maybe it should be somehow made clearer that inittab is the
preferred way.
For example by deprecating the rc.d scripts and planning a future
removal instead of removing them now.