[arch-dev-public] Questions about Archlinux branding/artwork for KDE

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri May 30 13:35:28 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 12:25 PM, Thayer Williams <thayer at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 10:22 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Actually, this is one of those packages that could easily be for the
>>> 'any' arch.  Basically, since it's all scripts, and all of 'em are
>>> just copied into the proper locations, you can cheat - change your
>>> arch in makepkg.conf, rebuild the package (generating an x86_64
>>> package, which is identical to the i686 one) and upload it, then
>>> change back your makepkg.conf
>>>
>>> Since you're not building any code, this'll work fine.
>>
>> Yeah yeah I need to work the any arch into these scripts. That's
>> another step down the road.
>
> Could someone paste the exact modifications required in the
> makepkg.conf? I'll add this to the wiki somewhere.

Erm, it's a bit of a hack, so make sure if you DO add it to the wiki,
you slather it in warnings like "OMG please be sure you know what
you're doing".
Considering this is only scripts, you should only need to change the
CARCH variable so that makepkg will generate an x86_64 package.

Now, there is actually another way to hack this... you can actually
just edit the .PKGINFO file, change the %ARCH% variable, and rename
the file. Though, I think, 'extrapkg' would need the makepkg.conf
changes in order to upload it properly
For the record, vim can open and allow you to edit files in a tarball.