[arch-dev-public] [signoff] syslog-ng 2.0.9-1
belanger at ASTRO.UMontreal.CA
Sat May 31 17:14:04 EDT 2008
In testing for both arches. Please signoff.
minor upstream update from 2.0.6 to 2.0.9
Sun, 23 Mar 2008 21:36:47 +0100
* Fixed handling more than 256 destinations by changing the
reference counter type of LogMessages to a 16 bit value.
* Fixed a possible SIGABRT crash if the hosts file passed to
dns-cache-hosts() had multiple entries with the same IP address.
* Fixed a possible crash during startup if "-g" was specified without
Thu, 31 Jan 2008 12:38:21 +0100
* Fixed a regression in 2.0.7 that caused destination files not to
be reopened when syslog-ng was reopened. This causes potential
problems with log rotation.
* Fixed DNS cache size checking, persistent DNS cache entries were
also counted against dns_cache_size() which might decrease cache
space significantly when a large /etc/hosts file is in use.
* Fixed a bug that caused the persistent DNS cache (e.g. /etc/hosts)
to be reloaded for all name resolution requests.
* Fixed sample configuration file for RedHat.
* Some portability changes in loggen.
* Added cygwin packaging files to contrib/cygwin-packaging.
Thu, 03 Jan 2008 07:01:59 +0100
* Fixed UNIX domain socket destinations on Solaris.
* Fixed flow-control behaviour for follow-mode source files.
* Added the "mark" keyword to be an alias of "mark_freq" for
compatibility with syslog-ng 1.6.
* Fixed message loss in destination files during configuration
reloads if syslog-ng is heavily loaded.
* Fixed a possible segmentation fault in the dns-cache-host() file
parsing code for improperly formatted host files.
* Fixed possible "Insufficient buffer space" errors in the STREAMS
* Fixed the starvation of the timer used to reap unused destination
files, which could cause some files never to be closed under
* Fixed ISO timestamp parsing for timestamps that have no
timezone information or have a too long fraction of a second
* Added a workaround for possible deadlocks on /proc/kmsg and
* Fixed program name parsing that caused problems for TAG values
that include the '/' character. This problem was introduced by
* The fsync() option was implemented.
* Added support for file sources that do not exist at startup.
* Added support the "--persist-file" configuration option.
* Added support for timestamps used by some LinkSys routers.
* Added loggen tool to generate syslog messages at the specified
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.
More information about the arch-dev-public