[arch-dev-public] xorg move to extra?

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Thu Nov 6 16:45:31 EST 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 19:04 +0100, Jan de Groot wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 12:53 -0500, Aaron "Hussein" Griffin wrote:
> >
> > So what is the preferred way to configure keymaps now?
>
> Either by disabling the autoconfiguration and using the old method, or
> copying /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/10-keymap.fdi
> to /etc/hal/fdi/policy/ and changing the keymap there (hal restart
> required).

This is all documented now:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg_input_hotplugging

I took the old article made by a user and added information about
configuration to it. This wiki article should be linked from the main
xorg article and should be linked from the news article about X.Org.

There's a few things left now:
- nvidia legacy drivers should get updated to work with xorg-server 1.5
- our kernel devs should apply a patch for the intel_agp driver,
otherwise Intel G4x devices are broken

When these last things are done, X.Org is ready to move. The only
package that will stay behind is libdrm, as it causes regressions in
compositing and isn't required by any of the other modules except
xf86-video-intel 2.5.0, which I downgraded anyways because it also had
regressions.