[arch-dev-public] Need someone with root power on gerolde

Eric Bélanger belanger at ASTRO.UMontreal.CA
Sat Nov 22 22:40:27 EST 2008

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008, Aaron Griffin wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 8:06 PM, Eric Bélanger
> <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> The db script for extra x86_64 is stuck:
>> $ /arch/db-extra64
>> error: db generation is already in progress (started by andyrtr)
>> rm: cannot remove `/srv/tmp/.repolock.extra.x86_64': Operation not permitted
>> That was started hours ago. Can someone with root power remove the lock file
>> to fix it?
> Fixed it. I'm fixing some oopses I made with the dbscripts now. If
> this happens again, let me know - I commented out the chmod crap for
> now

I'm not sure if it's part of the oopses, but it seems that the problem is
that the script for x86_64  doesn't remove the lock file because it can't
find it. Error message on running db-extra64:
error: repo lock doesn't exist... something went terribly wrong!

A /srv/tmp/.repolock.extra.x86_64 lockfile was left with 644 permissions
for my user. I removed it manually to not block updates for other users.