[arch-dev-public] Arch Mailing Lists

Paul Mattal paul at mattal.com
Mon Nov 24 20:29:53 EST 2008

Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 3:39 PM, Eric Bélanger
> <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>> On Mon, 24 Nov 2008, Jud wrote:
>>> Just a quick note to ask if all the Arch Mailing List Archives are
>>> working properly? The last archive was Nov 21.
>> They are not. It's a known issue: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12206
> Yeah, I need to fix this. Mails are still saved, I just bungled
> something - I think it may be a cron job or something... Paul, ideas?

Since the http user is now http, and mailman knows this (configured
--with-cgi-gid=http), might it be trying to generate its files running
as http and failing?

I think it's the mailmanctl that triggers the HTML generation, and
that's running.

The log suggests it's a permissions error that's got it bothered:

[paul at gerolde logs]$ tail /home/mailman/logs/error
   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/Archiver.py", line 216, in
   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/pipermail.py", line 580, in
   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/pipermail.py", line 621, in
   File "/build/pkg/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py", line
1117, in write_article
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:

Nov 24 19:55:29 2008 (883) SHUNTING:

- P