[arch-dev-public] pkgstats and repo cleanup

Allan McRae allan.mcrae at qimr.edu.au
Sat Nov 29 01:16:40 EST 2008

Hi devs,

I have created a table of candidates for removal from the extra repo
based on <1% usage in the pkgstats results.  I have gone through and
flagged for keeping packages which are i18n, makedepends, or otherwise
needed (in pacman testsuite, using on gerolde).  See the list here:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/User:Allan/Extra_Repo_and_Pkgstats

There is probably other categories of packages we should keep (e.g
drivers) and there are some fonts which might be considered i18n related
so can you all go through the list a cross out the ones to be kept and
giving the reason.

In a couple of weeks time I will remove all the orphaned packages
remaining on that list and contact the maintainers of the rest so they
can decide what to do with their packages.

Cheers,
Allan