[arch-dev-public] pkgstats and repo cleanup

Eric Bélanger belanger at ASTRO.UMontreal.CA
Sat Nov 29 01:34:43 EST 2008

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008, Allan McRae wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> I have created a table of candidates for removal from the extra repo based on
> <1% usage in the pkgstats results.  I have gone through and flagged for
> keeping packages which are i18n, makedepends, or otherwise needed (in pacman
> testsuite, using on gerolde).  See the list here:
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/User:Allan/Extra_Repo_and_Pkgstats
>
> There is probably other categories of packages we should keep (e.g drivers)
> and there are some fonts which might be considered i18n related so can you
> all go through the list a cross out the ones to be kept and giving the
> reason.
>
> In a couple of weeks time I will remove all the orphaned packages remaining
> on that list and contact the maintainers of the rest so they can decide what
> to do with their packages.
>
> Cheers,
> Allan

After glancing over the list, I noticed that 2 of my packages were there.
IMO, this list should be restricted to orphans only.  Unless you intend to
check if the package if orphaned before removing it.

believed to be clean.